East Mersea Golf Club

Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new Club House and links open.

The Golf Club opened in 1910 with nine holes and was extended to eighteen holes in 1929. It shut at the beginning of WW2, and never reopened. 
Cat1 Mersea-->Golf Club Cat2 Mersea-->East

East Mersea Golf Club
Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new Club House and links open.
The Golf Club opened in 1910 with nine holes and was extended to eighteen holes in 1929. It shut at the beginning of WW2, and never reopened.
Date: 5 April 1929      


Photo: Mersea Museum - George Farthing Collection
Image ID BS01_017

This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.


Copyright Mersea Island Museum Trust 2018